The Biggin Hill Residents Association installed five “Welcome to Biggin Hill Signs” on the five main roads into the village. The sign was designed to remind visitors of the links between the RAF and Biggin Hill since 1917 until it left in 1992. They were unveiled for the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain by two former RAF pilots and the Biggin Hill Residents Association Chairman David Haslam.
In addition to the five welcome signs, in 1998 the Biggin Hill Residents Association also designed and installed a sign on the Main Road.
Please help us to continue to improve Biggin Hill by becoming a member. Please click here to JOIN NOW
For more information on the Welcome signs, where they can be found, the construction using recycled materials and the locations please look at http://www.bigginhill-history.co.uk/welcomesignsintro.htm